To set the record straight from the start, this is a Christian blog spot. Yes, another Christian blog in the “ring” of so many.
If you are reading this and are a born-again Christian, then you know how frustrating it is to converse with the atheists on a reasonable level, those that comment on certain Facebook pages that is. One circular argument after another. Funny how they always say they have a refutation to Dr. William Lane Craig, and yet, they do not. But being legends in their own minds, they think they do.
These atheists read some Bart Ehrman or Richard Carrier and off they go. ROFL. Solomon was correct when he wrote;
Ecc l 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Atheism is not modern nor is it new and neither are the arguments, if that is what they are, presented. Same thing, different day.
But the problem that exists on Facebook sites is a lack of accountability, they say what they want and are never put to task. No, the Christian IS NOT the only one that bears any burden of proof. This is a mistaken position by the atheists forced on Christians. But this can never be accomplished on these Facebook sites. This is probably one reason folks like Dr. William Lane Craig, Dr. Frank Turek, and J. Warner Wallace do not personally comment on the Facebook sites that are based on their ministry. Why waste time and energy on circular arguments. Besides, many Christian responses require much longer answers that cannot be written in that itty bitty comment box. Besides, the online atheists don’t read the whole comment anyway.
This is why I created this blog spot. To put them on trail so-to-speak. But like any courtroom. there are strict rules. I also have extremely strict rules which I will list and must be adhered if your comment is to appear. I do not intend to permit nonsense and illogical comments unless they are too pathetic and worth a good laugh. Some may say, “Well then you really do not want to engage with atheists.” WRONG. (A typical answer you will get followed by why you are wrong.) No, what I want and look for is a reasonable response, not the lame diatribe that I have read in many comment sections.
For instance, Joe Gallman says, “I refute Dr. Craig all the time.” ROFL. Hardly. Anyone can say what they want in a Facebook comment section without fear of making their claim valid.
OK. These rules are non-negotiable, you don’t even try.
- All comments become my property. In other words, if you comment I receive an email of your comment first, I can choose to use your comment any way I desire. If you do not like rule number, do not comment.
- Be prepared to be grilled to the 9th degree. You will be questioned and questioned again. I do not answer any questions. I am not the one who needs to defend their beliefs, rather, disbelief. So asking me anything is futile.
- In short, you will be treated as a hostile witness. You are in my court of law and I do not play nice. Again, if you do not like this rule, and the atheists that comment on Facebook do not like being questioned, then move on knowing that your comment I am using as mu example will go undefended.
- Better have your definitions in order.
- I am huge on semantics and do not tolerate someone who is clueless about what words mean. I will only permit definitions from college dictionaries.
- I will be specifically looking for logical fallacies. This is a huge problem with atheists. They commit such fallacies as no true Scotsman, red herring, equivocation, irrelevant thesis, burden shifting, and so much more. Logical fallacies = illogical comments. If I spot a logical fallacy, I will inform you of such and you will have to rewrite your response.
- On that note, if your comment is not in line with the topic of my blog, meaning you try and argue something that is not there or mentioned, a red herring, your comment will not appear. Most of the time, atheists resort to some non-sequitur to make a point. Does not fly here.
- If you intend to use the Bible as making an argument against the Bible, you better know Hebrew and Greek and post in the original language.
- One problem that exists, and makes me laugh, is that these online atheists think they have some insight into Scripture that Christians who study do not. They have ZERO knowledge of Scripture except what someone else tells them or they read from someone who claims they do. The spiritually dead know absolutely nothing when it comes to Scripture.
- I do not permit any foul language of any kind. Nor any personal attacks on other Christians, even Joel Osteen. He may not preach the whole counsel of God, but I will not permit personal attacks.
- But from my position Hawking, Dawkins, Krauss, Dennett, etc. are free game.
- If I permit your comment, and your newer comments become hostile or pathetic, I will delete all your comments and it will be as if you never commented. But I will use your comments for future use. Remember, all comments are moderated, and by commenting, you agree that your comments become my property.
- DO NOT POST LINKS as a response. I will not read them and try to refute someone else’s point of view. You can reference it, but do not use it as your response.
- On that note, if you do reference someone else’s work, you MUST cite the source properly. Find out what it means to cite according to APA standards. If this is not done and no matter how good the source is, I will not permit the post. Just posting the link does not fly.
- This also includes pictures. If you’re not adult enough to use your grey matter, then this courtroom is way out of your league.
- If you use the argument, “What about other religions?” Be prepared to examine each and every religion that has ever existed. See, that way we can compare Christianity to other religions. That doesn’t fly with me.
- The same goes for the “other gods” argument. You will have to examine every known god and their attributes and the claims associated with that “other” god. Besides being a pathetic argument, most that use this argument know absolutely nothing about the other gods. It is a defensive position on the belief that Christians know nothing about false gods.
- If you comment and are a Christian, then you better have a sure understanding of Hermeneutics and Systematic Theology, as well as a reader of folks like Charles Spurgeon and Charles Hodge, to name a couple. So many Christians comment online and are clueless about theology. If you are feeling, “Who is this guy?” Good. Maybe you might start reading outside the box and expand your mind. “A Holy Spirit filled man that is well read is the biggest enemy to atheism.”
These are the rules and as time goes by, and the trial and error period plays itself out, I might add new rules, but I will not change what I already have. The purpose is to put on trial the nonsense that is atheism. It is also to also create a place where other Christians can get their arguments presented without the atheists thinking they have an upper hand. Spoiler Alert Atheist, You Do Not! I hope to be able to teach by example, those believers who want to dive into apologetics. I hope we can work together on building stronger Apologetic arguments that easily refute the so-called arguments presented by the atheists.
There are many other blog posts that I will be sharing, with the writer’s permission of course. I have been saving many stories for many years now and I have been eager to start writing and presenting their arguments and insights as well.
A couple of my favorites are Wintery Knight and The Thinking Christian. Better brush up on those if you want to engage me.
I am a different kind of Christian. I do not candy-coat the Gospel. I believe that a true Christian is one that is willing to lay down their life for their Savior and for their brothers and sisters. I do not believe that there is anything offered in this world that is worthy of my salvation, not my wife or my children either. I am stone cold when it comes to defending Scripture, so you better have your ducks in a row.
I think Christians have become soft, milquetoast is a better word, in some ways, not treating the atheists for what they are…FOOLS. Their arguments do not hold water in the end. The Bible teaches that those who do not believe God exists are fools. Charles Spurgeon spells it out nicely. From his Treasury of David on Psalm 14:1
“The fool.” The Atheist is the fool pre-eminently, and a fool universally. He would not deny God if he were not a fool by nature, and having denied God it is no marvel that he becomes a fool in practice. Sin is always folly, and as it is the height of sin to attack the very existence of the Most High, so is it also the greatest imaginable folly. To say there is no God is to belie the plainest evidence, which is obstinacy; to oppose the common consent of mankind, which is stupidity; to stifle consciousness, which is madness. If the sinner could by his atheism destroy the God whom he hates there were some sense, although much wickedness, in his infidelity; but as denying the existence of fire does not prevent its burning a man who is in it, so doubting the existence of God will not stop the Judge of all the earth from destroying the rebel who breaks his laws; nay, this atheism is a crime which much provokes heaven, and will bring down terrible vengeance on the fool who indulges it. The proverb says, “A fool’s tongue cuts his own throat,” and in this instance it kills both soul and body for ever: would to God the mischief stopped even there, but alas! one feel makes hundreds, and a noisy blasphemer spreads his horrible doctrines as lepers spread the plague.”
The Treasury of David, in my opinion, is the best commentary on the book of Psalms. One every Christian should have either on their Bible program or in print form.
I do not coddle atheists. They are an enemy of Christ. They are the enemy of all that Christ has done for humanity. However, I do not attack the PERSON, just their worldview, their arguments. I have no respect for folks like Richard Carrier, Sam Harris, Jeffery Lowder, John Loftus, Bertrand Russell, Christopher Hitchins. But this is to say, I have no respect for their arguments. That does not mean they are less than human and do not deserve our prayers. Christ died for them as well. Atheists are sinners just like the rest of us and are in need of salvation, just like we did. But that does not mean we should avoid attacking their ARGUMENT.
To reiterate, I attack the faulty and contradictive arguments, not the person. If you think that refuting your argument is attacking you personally, then grow a pair because that is not what I am doing.
So why the attitude towards atheistic arguments? Have you not read what Paul said in 2 Corinthians?
2 Cor 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
I once was told by a supposed Christian, “Oh, he is on a truth quest.” ROFL. Hardly. The truth is found in Christ. So if you want to know the truth, look to Christ so that your, um, quest, will come to an end. But no one is on a “truth” quest. Why? How would you know that you found the truth?
I expect you to understand these rules and know what they are before commenting. In other words, this blog post is required reading before commenting.
In conclusion, yes, I have made this blog to be harder for the ignorant atheist to comment than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle. This is done because of the nonsense that takes place on some Facebook sites I have “liked.” The free-for-all ends here.
None of us like our intelligence to be insulted and neither should you. The question is, do you have the intelligence level to conduct yourself on a mature level and be willing to have your worldview and beliefs cross-examined, not trying to steal Dr. Turek’s ministry name here, and be treated as a hostile witness? Can you handle having your logic and intellect exposed as faulty? Personally, I doubt it. But we shall see.
Court, is now in session…